Free Spirit and The Beast

Free Spirit and The Beast
That would be our RV and the Ford F350

Friday, September 2, 2011

Happy September











These are some recent photos. Not in order, but here is a picture of Molly making new friends, Al at work on the laptop, the Red church at the bottom of the road, hence the name of Red Church Road, a photo of a small town we drove by,an old house, me on a hay ride, the drive-in at the mall parking lot, and our RV with the modern technology, satellite TV!!

It is no surprise to anyone, I suppose, that we had lost electricity due to hurricane Irene. In fact, 72 hours later, the only thing we really missed was mostly a hot shower and of course, “America’s Got Talent” on Tuesday night TV. But, guess what? My talented husband Al gets my vote for preparing his gadget, self-made, working generator that he hooked up ahead of time in Massachusetts, “in case of an emergency”. All we needed was a few tanks of propane, to use sparingly, for the most important tasks of showering and cooking. But, we made it through Wednesday morning, when all things went back to normal. The “Free Spirit” will always pull through for us, and as always, so does a little prayer.
I was sitting by the pond today, ingesting the beauty and serenity of Christmas Pines Campground, and was reading a book that my wonderful and gracious friend Linda and her husband Brad had given to us as a going away gift on our journey. The “1,000 Places to Visit before You Die” sounds a little scary, but we really need follow our dreams, so we can see them through before we hit the pearly gates. I want to share something that I read in the acknowledgements. The author thanks her friend for telling her that you can judge people by the way that they handle the tangles Christmas lights or lost luggage. I made up my mind that I will laugh at lost luggage, wrong turns and canceled flights and reservations. The author said that there is no such thing as a “bad trip”.
So, we continue this magical carpet ride to Virginia on Monday, September 5th. But, before we embark to our new back yard and begin another adventure, we still have to do our twice cancelled show at the pavilion. We are lined up to perform this Saturday night, which turns out to be the busiest weekend of the year for the campground. I can’t wait to kick off my flip-flops and pull out the rubber band from my piggy-tail, and give them my best.
I surely miss everyone in Florida and all of our venues. You were not just an audience or paying customers, you are our everything, great company that we always looked forward to being with, socializing with and sharing stories of our crazy lives. That is why I am doing this blog and still trying to share with you, without the benefit of being with you in person. I really appreciate what we had in Florida, having met all of you wonderful people along the way. Six years of four days a week of laughing and crying and caring for the same group of friends may take a lifetime to ever happen again, so I truly mean it from my heart that we miss you all and we look forward to seeing you when we visit in December.

No comments:

Post a Comment